English: What was the Star of Bethlehem?
What was the Star of Bethlehem?
This book is unusual in that it analyses one of the most outstanding reports of the New Testament from an astronomical and biblical point of view, freed from the traces of myth and legend, and reveals the errors of various astronomical theories of the star.
It is the history of the journey of the wise men from the Orient, who were guided surely to their destination by the star of Bethlehem.
The book answers a number of questions:
- Who were these wise men (Greek magoi) from the East?
- What made them decide to go on a desert trip lasting several weeks?
- What was the star of Bethlehem? Is there a clear answer?
- Did God commission this journey, or was it mere curiosity on the part of heathen Babylonians?
- How and where did the sages find the Christ-child?
- What does this extraordinary journey tell us in the 21st century?
140 Pages, Taschenbuch, Order No. 548281